Friday, February 1, 2008

My Birthday...

Bored last night playing on the Internet and decided to look up famous people born on my birthday. Of course no one is as famous as ME! But since I fly under the radar the list is of people the standard public knows. Needless to say I had some UGH moments. Here is the list.

Rudy Giuliani, '44---Why Lord? Why? I respect the work he did during 9/11. He was the face, but his campaign left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Mainly because I did not understand his strategy. Why wait and put all your apples in Florida?

Glen Rice, '67---I like this! My boy played for Purdue and had skillz! He had a good NBA run, but it was never like college ball.

Kylie Minogue, '68---Breast cancer survivor and wonderful singer. I still jam to her dance hits.

Jim Thorpe, 1888---I have to love him because he was one the first great athlete and he was born a year before my grandfather. Yep my old man was born a long arse time ago.

Betty Shabazz, '36---Much respect for allowing Malcolm to be what he needed to be and for being a spark for the movement.

Jerry West, '38---Great athlete and showed the world that an athlete can become one of the top businessmen in the world. Can we say Lakers?

Gladys Knight, '44---Bow down to the lady. Midnight Train to Georgia, Neither One of Us, Love Overboard and Gladys' Chicken and Waffles. Bow down.

Elizabeth Hasselback, '77---I give her respect for flipping a reality show appearance into a spot of The View. But she drives me insane with her speech pattern and views on the show. But free speech and all...

So there is my list. I have good company. Like I said no one is more famous than me. Who else was born with a tornado roaring outside? It was God's way of say watch out...Tonya Lee is coming!

No comments: