Friday, February 29, 2008

101 Things in 1001 Days Project

I have been working on this list for the last couple of days. Trying to ensure that the list was something that I wanted to do and followed my own life path. Visit Day Zero for more information, although you probably could check out a host of blogs and find people who are also taking on this challenge. So here is my list. A lot of people broke the list down by cateogry, but I went from my heart first and foremost. (You will notice the list is alphabetized now) My countdown clock will be on my sidebar. Wish me luck and watch my progress.

From Day Zero...
The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.

Start Day: February 29, 2008
End Day: November 26, 2010

MoodyGemini's List
101 Things in 1001 Days

1. Add more memory to laptop
2. Attend an Arts Festival
3. Attend at least one major sporting event: Super Bowl, the Olympics, US Open
4. Bake a cake for someone’s birthday
5. Become CPR Certified by American Red Cross
6. Blog daily (0/1001)
7. Buy a 35 mm SLR digital camera
8. Buy a bike and ride for 2 weeks
9. Buy a Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer
10. Buy a Zune
11.Buy an external hard drive
12. Complete my profile on DNA Ancestry Project
13. Complete my profile on My Heritage
14. Create a standard grocery list
15. Create and maintain a goals calendar
16. Decorate my bedroom
17. Do a random act of kindness once per week (0/143)
18. Do yoga DVD once a week for 2 months
19. Donate $3 for every item I don’t complete
20. Drink 62 oz. of H20 per day (0/1001)
21. Eliminate miscellaneous debt
22. Establish a $5000 emergency fund
23. Fall deeply in love – helplessly and unconditionally
24. Fill up my charm bracelet
25. Fly in a hot air balloon
26. Get a job
27. Get a passport
28. Get a relationship
29. Get a Roth IRA
30. Get another tattoo
31. Get my teeth whitened
32. Go 200 days without being on the internet (0/200)
33. Go bungee jumping
34. Go one week without spending any $
35. Go paint balling
36. Go skydiving
37. Go to counseling
38. Grow herbs at home
39. Have a date on Valentine’s Day
40. Have a professional photograph taken
41. Have a Spa Day
42. Join a book club
43. Kiss or be kissed under a mistletoe
44. Learn how to horseback ride
45. Learn how to jog correctly
46. Learn how to make candles
47. Learn how to make homemade ice cream
48. Learn how to make my own beer
49. Learn how to make my own wine
50. Learn how to salsa
51. Learn to bartend
52. Learn to cook Cajun food
53. Let certain people go
54. Make a list of things that I am good at
55. Make a list of things that make me happy
56. Make a list of what I want to be good at or to know more about
57. Make a scrapbook for Cameron
58. Make love in the rain
59. Make my book of quotes with commentary
60. Make my own personal scent using essential oils
61. Make new list when this one is complete!
62. Participate in National Novel Writing Month
63. Pay back family/friends who loaned $ while I was out of work
64. Pay off car
65. Payoff credit card
66. Purchase a new sofa
67. Read 10 books from the banned list (0/10)
68. Read one biography a month
69. Read the entire list of 100 Essential Books by African-Americans
70. Save $60 monthly
71. See a show at the Fox Theater
72. See Brett Farve play
73. Sell a poem
74. Sell a short story
75. Start a recipe book
76. Start a thankful journey and write in it once a week
77. Start an online bookstore
78. Stop communicating with ex-boyfriend
79. Submit 5 works for publication
80. Submit an entry to PostSecret
81. Swim with the dolphins
82. Learn to belly-dancing class
83. Take a cruise
84. Take a drawing class
85. Learn to ballroom dancing classes
86. Take vitamins everyday (0/1001)
87. Teach someone illiterate to read
88. Travel to South Beach
89. Try to reconnect with cousin R.
90. Visit a historical house
91. Visit a museum
92. Visit African-American Museum in Macon, GA
93. Visit an art gallery
94. Visit my cousin Chase in Hawaii
95. Write a book for Cameron
96. Write a letter to former friend explaining why
97. Write a novella
98. Write a thank you note once a month for 6 months
99. Write a year-end (2008) newsletter for family and friends
100. Write everyday – a page, a paragraph, or a sentence (0/1001)
101. Write my personal mission statement

No comments: