Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Brett Leaves...

Crushed. Just CRUSHED. That's how I felt when I saw my breaking news alert that Brett Favre has decided to pack it up and spend more time fishing in the swamps. Oh I understand. 17 years in the game. As a quarterback no less. Imagine all of the concussions not documented. The man never missed a game because of injury. He didn't miss a game after his father died. So I understand. His wife, a cancer survivor, his family all miss him. Unless we have lived the life of a professional athlete we do not understand the toll it takes on the family.









I will miss him this upcoming NFL season. I will miss his highlights on Sportscenter. The reckless abandonment in which he played. Whether you groaned or cheered. And we all know there have been a lot of groans. But that's what added to his mystique. You always knew he had the guts, cajones, the balls to try and make a play happen for a win.


SI.com has a great slide-show documenting his career.







Don Banks, of SI.com provides a fitting good bye to Brett.








Enjoy your read.







On a sidenote...#72 on my 101 Things in 1001 Days...eliminated. Unless a miraculous reversal of events occur.

No comments: