Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quote of the Day



There are periods when I am the most attentive and thoughtful lover in the world, and periods, too, when I am just unavailable…when I "surface" again, I try to apply the poultices and patch up the holes I’ve left in relationships around me.~ Toni Cade Bambara


I have always loved this quote. It connects to me because I often become unavailable to people who love me or are in my life. Mainly because I choose to handle conflicts, emotions and challenges alone. Not everyone understands or accepts, so I have lost people over the years. But I believe that people who know and love you...I mean really know you and love accept all that you are. They provide unconditional love and acceptance. I am not a person who abuses or deceives a person. I do not play games. The most I do is hideaway in my bat-cave. Like the quote says when I resurface I attempt to make amends.

What I have found is that people who prefer you curse them out, knock the crap out of them or steal their money than just take moments for rebirth. And that is tragic. We should all look and attempt to rebirth and discover who we are and what we are meant to be on this earth. To not accept a person's attempt is not love. It is not hoping that the person becomes who they were put on this earth to be. There is a reason for being on this earth and it is up to us to discover God's plan.

No comments: