Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Hair-Nappy and PROUD

Let me tell you about my hair. I have not applied chemicals to my hair since 2005. I am African-American...so my hair is considered kinky, nappy or whatever you want to call it. I call it curly and me. But tomorrow...I have a job interview. I have to put up the front of that corporate woman willing to compromise to have a job. And since I have been unemployed since July 2007...I will do this. I need to support myself and add a notch to my self-esteem.

But what I do not want to do...what I am dreading here at 7:30 pm is straightening this beehive of curls. I wish I could go there tomorrow and show myself as that dedicated and exceptional woman that I am not have the people with the authority look at me as if I just revisited caveman days. So I will suffer tonight through 2 hours of pressing...please pray for me because I do not want to do this.

No comments: