Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Unemployment

I have been out of work since July 2007. It is now November 2007. Never did it cross my mind that i would be out of work this long. Trust that I understand that the market is tight. According to the US Dept. of Labor the unemployment rate in October 2007 was 4.7%. I am in that group.

Everyday I am on the Internet searching. I look at businesses when I am out. More often than not it seems as if you really have to know someone to receive a phone call once you submit a resume.


Outside of the stress that unemployment generates, family and friends contribute more than they realize. Continuous questions regarding how you spend your time, how you spend money and what is wrong with your resume that you cannot get a job.

I have to admit that my decisions over the past year in reference to my employment choices have been somewhat suspect. And that alone adds to issues regarding rehire.

Regardless of how things go I will not give up.

No comments: