Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Woman who cursed MARTA rider now in special home | ajc.com

The woman whose tirade against an elderly MARTA train passenger was caught on video has been released from jail and is living in a personal care home for the mentally ill.

read more digg story

I watched the video once and it was enough for me. I was ashamed @ people who laughed and made jokes. In my eyes it was obvious a mental illness was at the forefront not a woman acting a fool. I am pleased that the government saw this and decided to do the right thing and get her help. Not sentence her. SO often people who have mental illness are thrown into prison instead of being offered the treatment they need. It is known that prison does not rehabilitate. It provides education on how to be better @ whatever they were placed in prison for.

Please pray for this girl and the victim. They both will need it. Although I believe that the older lady (victim) recognized the illness. She comes from the generation when we locked "the special" person in the backroom.

No comments: