Saturday, June 7, 2008

I FORGIVE MYSELF...

^ for believing that my unemployment is a direct reflection of my self worth.

^for believing that it is my fault my father treats me the way he does.

^for thinking I cannot offer a man a good woman.

^for beating myself up over my perceived self-sabotage.

^for thinking I am not a good friend.

^for allowing people to stay in my life just to have someone.

^for believing that bad things are suppose to happen to me.

^for not believing I am worth loving.

^for not believing I am capable of reaching my potential.

^for not believing I have potential.

^for not believing I have talents.

^for believing that I was only put on this Earth to help my family.

^for believing that I am not suppose to have a family or life outside of my family.

More to come...

4 comments:

Poetic Genesis said...

Sis,

I can SOOO relate to the last one...it's a hard truth that I come to grips with constantly.

Stay real to yourself and always be with a forgiving heart. Especially when it comes to forgiving yourself.

Thanks for sharing

Genesis

Unknown said...

Thank you for your words. I am sure you know it is a constant struggle but I will keep up the work.

Forgiving is hard. Especially when it comes to yourself.

Jazzy said...

I can relate to a LOT of this...especially to the line about expecting bad things to happen.

I honestly think I cope better when bad things happen. When good things happen, I always think something bad is bound to balance out the good.

It's the pessimist in me.

Unknown said...

I am the same way, but right I am like damn. I am tired. I deserve it. The good things.