Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

I am 32 years old. Well...actually 10:28 am I will be 32.

I keep repeating "Wow, how did that happen?"

I will not go into how I am not the person I thought I would be at this age. My life in 2008 is not what I wanted but it is what I needed and I am thankful to reach 32 years in this world. And to learn the lessons that I am learning.

The 1st picture is the Tornado that struck while my Mommie was pushing me out!!! That was their warning of what was to come. I have been that since. My Mommie loves to tell the story that she thought that the Doc was going to break my back because I would not cry nor breath when I popped out. SHE said I had a face of "I am not breathing until I am ready...and I am not ready!" I am the same way at 32. I despise people telling me what I should do or giving me direction. It is a pet peeve of mine. Only deal with it when you are giving me money and you are lucky then!

I have not changed since May 28, 1976...facial or personality. I believe I was made good but life and experiences changed me for the worse. I say this because up until I was 5 I remember a good life.

My first memory of my life was around 3. And I know many will not believe it but it is true. I was sitting in my highchair at Billups Street in the dining room and I could look into the kitchen I saw that Mom was frying BACON!!! And I distinctly remember thinking "I am going to eat some bacon!" Back then I was a pig. I ate everything! Mom can confirm this. My Doc put me on cereal with my bottle at 5 weeks or so because Mom could not sleep because I ate every hour. (Such a shame because now I only eat once a day or so.) That bacon was SOOOOOO good.

My nickname growing up was TV/VCR. Because I could remember everything and repeat it verbatim. (Many of my cousins fell victim to the switch.) I am still the same way. Don't lie because I will catch you.

Now I put on the mask...


10 comments:

t.r.b said...

happy birthday;)

i've read your archives and all i can say is inspiring.

i'm exactly your inverse in age, but my probs. mirror yours in so many ways.....love the blog.

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! Your pictures are just too cute! ; )

Unknown said...

t.r.b~ Thank you! Age ain't nothing but a number, problems are always there! I am glad you enjoyed my blog!

anali~ Thank you! I was a cute kid if I say so myself! ;)

Don said...

Happy Birthday.

Something told me to stop by your blog. I would have felt bad if I'd missed your post 2day. Hope you have a good 1. And I too used to be big on verbatim, growing up.


Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTH OF THE DAY 2 U!

HAPPY BIRTH OF THE DAY 2 U!

HAPPY BIRTH OF THE DAY 2222 U!!!

I hope you enjoy it sis!

Hugs

Genesis

Eb the Celeb said...

Happy happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Don~ Thank you! I still prefer verbatim. Keeps the bs from growing.

Genesis~ Thank you for the song!

eb~ Thanks! I hope you rest from your big month of traveling!

Jazzy said...

Your pictures are absolutely adorable.

Happy Birthday! 32 is the new 22!! lol

How funny is it that your first memory is of BACON!?! I've met people who have given up pork but can not let go of that darn bacon! lol

Skoolboi Krush said...

Happy Belated Birthday to a fellow Gemini! I hope you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Diva~ I love my BACON! I leave pork alone...but will cut you quick over my bacon!

I am glad 32 is the new 22! Now I need to figure out if I have the stamina to do it like I did then!

Skoolboi~ Thanks! It was a cool relax day.