Thursday, April 17, 2008

NAACP

The NAACP has been a historic and groundbreaking organization. From it we (Black America) have rights, freedom and a place in America. But I feel it has not grown, changed and adapted to the America that Black America experiences today. Anyone who wants growth understands that youth, new ideas, new strategies, and a new voice brings change and growth. Why can't the NAACP see this?

They (NAACP) are in search again for a leader. Yet from all reports they are once again wanting to stay in the past instead of looking towards the future. Looking towards growth and a new understanding.

Please read the article. http://www.wilmingtonjournal.com/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=87705&sID=12

5 comments:

Don said...

I haven't read the article yet. I will. But I didn't think the NAACP was even relevant anymore. Too much scandal has come out of that camp.

Don said...

Oh yeah i love the sentiment of the new profile pic.

Unknown said...

Our generation does not see its relevance, but old school does and the "outside" people who want to stay in good graces with Black America. I will give it that they are historic and made a difference back in the day, but they will need new blood to recapture the community.

Thanks...he is the new love of my life.

KMyles said...

Hello Moody,
You should check into the NAACP Leadership 500 Summit. This is teh 4th year the Summit has been held and it is a National Summit to identify and network young leaders in business, health, education, and economic development. The Summit is specifically designed for folks between 30 and 50. I'm actually on the National Committee that is arranging the summit and I know that it really is a response and a recognition of the sentiment you shared.

At any rate, here's the link -
http://www.naacp.org/events/leadership/index.htm

Perhaps I'll see you there...

KMyles
wichitanaacp.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kmyles...
Thanks for the info. I will take a look. I do respect the NAACP and would like to see the organization become more relevant.